It feels like summer is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more thrilled! I love grilling, going to the beach, riding my bike, and going for long walks, all of which I associate with the best season – SUMMER!!!
I wanted to share a favorite recipe for the BBQ is my household at the moment. The lamb skewers will have your mouth watering!
Mediterranean Grilled Lamb Kebabs
for the marinade
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
for the skewers
- 2 pounds top round lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- lemon wedges, for garnish
Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
2. Pat the lamb cubes dry and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Put the lamb and marinade in a glass dish or resealable plastic bag. Toss to evenly coat the meat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
4. Place a cube of lamb on a skewer, followed by the peppers and onions. Repeat until the skewers are filled.
5. Oil the hot grill pan, then place the skewers on the grill. Cook the lamb to the desired doneness, turning the skewers every 1 to 2 minutes (7 to 8 minutes total for medium doneness).