Hi everyone! I wanted to pop on here to post this amazing soup recipes I have had on repeat lately. It’s so good and so timely! I know you’re going to love it – I know I do!
A hearty and easy to make soup that the whole family will love! Once you add on all those tasty toppings it’s like a loaded baked potato in soup form. It’s rich and creamy and oh so satisfying!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes, cut about 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, then more to thin as it rests as desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 oz. cream cheese, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- Chopped green onions or parsley (optional)
Select the “saute” setting on the Instant Pot.
Once it reads “hot” add butter and let melt.
Add in onions and celery and saute 2 minutes then press “cancel.”
Add in potatoes, carrots and broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Submerge veggies down into broth.
Seal lid on Instant Pot, make sure valve is set to “sealing position,” then select “manual” mode and 9 minutes.
Once time is up let pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes then use quick release method to release any remaining pressure.
In a medium bowl whisk a few tablespoons of milk with the cornstarch then add in remaining milk and whisk.
Press “cancel” on Instant Pot then select the “saute” setting.
Pour milk mixture into soup in Instant Pot along with cream cheese.
Bring mixture to a boil, whisking frequently, and let boil about 1 minute (you can also mash up the potatoes a little if desired).
Serve warm with cheddar, bacon, and green onions or parsley. Note that soup will thicken as it rests (especially overnight with all those starches, so thin with more milk as desired).