If you saw my last post, you’ve probably figured out I love soup! I wanted to share another staple soup recipe I make almost once a week, my favorite Vegetable Soup! It’s super clean and consists of vegetables only! I fill up on a couple bowls and this and find myself eating leftovers for a couple days too. Test it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra
- 2 leaves kale, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot oil until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir garlic into the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable broth and tomato sauce into pot. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir carrots and potatoes through the broth. Simmer until carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Drop corn, edamame, okra, and kale into the soup. Continue to simmer until okra is tender, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.